AISC: Australian Securities and Investments Commission
ASIC is an independent Australian Government body, responsible for being Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator. ASIC is set up under and administers the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (ASIC Act),.
ASIC administers and enforces a range of legislation.
It administers the following legislation:
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (ASIC Act)
- Business Names Registration Act 2011
- Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act)
- Insurance Contracts Act 1984
- National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (National Credit Act).
It also administer parts of the following legislation:
- Banking Act 1959
- Life Insurance Act 1995
- Medical Indemnity (Prudential Supervision and Product Standards) Act 2003
- Retirement Savings Accounts Act 1997
- Superannuation (Resolution of Complaints) Act 1993
- Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (SIS Act).