Business Advantage is a free program that helps you develop skills through interaction, discussion, cooperation and debate with other students, and business, government, education and community leaders. Read what our students thought about it on our Student Experience Blog.
The program features:
- industry and community facilitators to network with and learn from
- guest presentations from inspiring industry, community and university leaders
- modules focused on specific social and professional skills
- challenging activities aimed at developing skills through new experiences
- certificate of completion for you to include in your resume.
You choose the modules that interest you and attend the program at any stage during your degree.
There is no cost – all Business Advantage modules are free for students.
All modules are held at Gardens Point campus.
The program aims to be scheduled out of peak study times with some modules held on weekends. Class sizes vary between 15-50 participants.
The sessions will provide catering. Please email email@example.com if you have any strict dietary requirements.
The Business Advantage Program is exclusive to students:
- currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate Business degree, including double degree
- a QUT Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship recipient
- on exchange studying within the QUT Business School.
Withdrawal of registration
It is understood at times participants may not be able to attend a session at short notice. Please be mindful of this and try and book in to sessions you can commit to. You must advise the Business Advantage Coordinator of withdrawal as early as possible so your place may be offered to another student.
Requirements for completion
You must attend each of the sessions for the module and complete activities required to demonstrate competence in the activity area before we are able to issue a certificate of completion.
Cancellation of modules
We reserve the right to cancel modules due to unforeseen circumstances and will make every attempt to contact participants well before time if possible.
We are unable to recognise activities that form part of the Business degree or which could be, or have been, used for the purposes of gaining credit towards the degree. Similarly, Business Advantage modules cannot be used as credit towards your degree program.
Register for events here